One Gamer's Thoughts

My observations, rants, and philosophies on life and gaming in general

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

State of the Union

Whilst viewing the State of the Union Address, I had many conflicting thoughts swirling through my head. My ignorance was not helped due to the abundance of information flying toward me, but I managed to keep a somewhat straight face while the President did what he did best....

I'll leave that part up to you. I felt as though many things were being re-iterated with more emphasis this time around. We get that Iraq is on their way to being a democratic nation. We get that terrorists are "evil" people. We get that we as Americans constantly strive for freedom. What I feel that Bush doesn't get, however, is that this war will never end if we keep up this optimistic "We're winning" attitude. When one looks at the situation realistically, one can see that people like Bin Laden will not simply cease and desist because big America asked nicely. Bin Laden is fighting on a purely religious level, and persuasion will not likely work. Bin Laden will be here to fight us for many years to come unfortunately, so just strap into your seatbelts. This war will be a very bumpy ride

However, not everything is bad. I liked the new plan as far as supporting research towards finding better fuel resources. Oil prices are constantly going up, and while they may decrease shortly, over a few more years the price will steadily rise again due to the lack of fossil fuels. Electric, hydrogen, hell even solar powered cars are probably the safest bet towards a cleaner and less oil dependant earth.

And I admire Bush's new plan to raise education standards, since we are the dumbest country on the planet. Math and Science improvement is always a good thing though.

Overall, I have a newfound respect for Bush, but its only a matter of time before he screws up again. On a final note, was anyone else suprised at the lack of new words that Bush created?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home