One Gamer's Thoughts

My observations, rants, and philosophies on life and gaming in general

Thursday, January 19, 2006

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Text: 'Bin-Laden tape'

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Text: 'Bin-Laden tape'

For some reason, I feel a newfound respect of Bin Laden. Don't get me wrong: Bin Laden is a horrible, horrible person, but after reading said speech, its good to see that he isn't a complete maniac. Perhaps it just comes with age. I was in 7th grade when the Sept 11 attacks occured, and to this day I really don't understand the true and full significance of the event. The way Bin Laden speaks is very influential and seems calm, despite his obvious rage towards the US government. One person on a message board I frequent even said that his way of speaking almost made him seem like the good guy.

Nonetheless, this just has to stop. Unfortunately, violence is just a way of progression in this world, but this war has barely led to any kind of progression. We are fighting a losing battle in many ways. I'm all for supporting the troops, my best friends father is fighting in the war, and God forbid if anything did happen to him. Supporting the troops to me also means insuring their safety and the only way to do that is to pull out immediately. Even Bin Laden opted for a truce situation, but I guess Bush's pride isn't gonna let that happen.

Enough is enough. Let this end...

2 Comments:

  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger Fishcop said…

    The influential types usually speak in calm tones. If they went around screaming or shouting all the time people would think they're crazy. That's what happened to our friend Howard Dean.

     
  • At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I sort of found a new respect for Bin Laden, but i'm not sure i'd call it respect. More amazement, at the fact he is talking about a truce. It made him seem more human, not a monster who wants the west to drown in it's own blood.

    Then again, can you really take what old Bin Laden says as serious? But yeah, perhaps if Bush was a little more open, something more might of come from it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home