One Gamer's Thoughts

My observations, rants, and philosophies on life and gaming in general

Friday, January 06, 2006

So there's this girl I know and we are really close. We have known each other for 2 years when I suddenly realizing that yes, I was starting to fall for her. The curse of male and female friendships. The idea, however, was quickly shot out of my head without a second thought. My thoughts raced with urgency at the moment thinking, "Dude! She's your best friend! You can not let this happen" I took my own advice and moved on. Time passes and the feeling springs up again. A feeling of almost dire magnitude. Something had to be done. With a bit of brainstorming, I figured out the perfect way to finally eradicate the unshakable feeling: Simply tell her how I felt. After about 2 hours, my master plan had been completed.... in card form. Inside contained a poem(the first poem that didn't totally suck) and it was decorated Christmas style (since it was... ya know... Christmas) and gave it to her. Her response: "I already knew"

*Sniffs* Ahh... these words have a distinct smell to them, quite familiar as well. Her words smelled of that magical thing known as Rejection. I almost felt relieved, actually. To think, if we actually hooked up the possibility of a bad break-up would have been too much for me. Not only would I have lost my best friend, but all of my other good female friends as well, not to mention the dreaded awkwardness. Fortunately, its almost as if it never happened. We talk like normal and stuff and maybe we are better friends from the experience. However, I feel as if rather than addressing the matter, she completely pushed it aside. Are all women like this? The reality of it is that it did happen and maybe one day, the issue will not be so easy to put to the side.

Well, despite the last paragraph being almost an attack, I want to dedicate this post to said girl. She knows who she is, hell, she is probably reading this right now. Well, this is for you babe, the only woman I have ever truly loved.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger Jeramy Madrid said…

    Wow! You came and made a profound post on my blog. It just amazed me.

    You are smart and wise beyond your years....

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Jamaal.
    I was trying to avoid that subject, becuz i didn't noe what to say becuz so much was happening to me at the time and i didn't want to hurt you. And yes i do believe it has made us better friends. And anyone who is reading this i am the girl hes talking about. I still love you man and dont doubt that.
    Love ya much

     

Post a Comment

<< Home