One Gamer's Thoughts

My observations, rants, and philosophies on life and gaming in general

Saturday, January 07, 2006

So I got "tagged". Go me. I have to answer some questions now.

Four jobs I've had:

Tch, despite my willing to get a job, I've never had a job that payed money before! Gasp! But for the sake of this message, I'll put minor jobs that I've had by the ultimate employers: My parents

1) Garbage Taker-outer
Involved... taking out the trash. Very messy stuff, and the pay was horrible (because I'm still not getting payed to this day!)

2) Lawn management
Includes all, but not limited to: Mowing the lawn/backyard, sweeping and raking leaves, and keeping the yard clean(as in keeping trash off the lawn). Eventually, I expect to have to take the reins of the "weed wacker" as I call it (ya know those things that you hold with one arm and you give an extra trimming to grass and stuff... yeah), but hopefully that won't be for a long time

3) Babysitting
Ugh, definitely the worst job. I swear, some of my cousins must be the spawn of Satan himself!!

4) Resident Gamer
Ok, so my parents didn't give me this job. But I am expected to know about newfangled technology and stuff. Otherwise, I am a walking encyclopedia of Video game history. If it was a major video game, I could tell you what year it came out on, the developer/publisher/director, and the impact it had on the gaming industry. Try me.

Four movies you'd watch over and over again

1) Peter Jackson's King Kong
Being at the tender age of 16, I'm nowhere near old enough to even think about watching the original (although, its on my to-do list now), but Peter Jackson's vision definitely hit the mark. My definition of classic. Great story telling (although it starts off slow), superb action sequences, and scenes that tug on those heart strings. A movie no one should miss out on

2) Forrest Gump
I first watched this movie when I was 6 or so, and only 10+ years later do I actually get the refrences the movie was making! Allusions to the KKK, Rosa Parks, JFK, Watergate and even AIDS! I never get tired of this movie!

3) Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Some of you might have that wtf look on your face, but I just love this movie. This is the only place (to my knowledge) to see Disney and Warner Bros. characters coexisting in peace! And its so funny! After watching it recently for the first time in years, not only did that nostalgic come creeping up on me, but I noticed that the movie had so many adult refrences and situations (the "Patty Cake" refrence blew my mind!), its a wonder it got a PG rating!

4) Lion King
Classic. Just a classic. Superb animation, a touching story and memorable songs. I love it

Four places I have lived

1) Los Angeles, California
The place of my birth. Its such a unique city

2-4) Various places just outside of Houston
Since I was 4 I've been living in Houston, for better or worse

Four TV shows I watch

1)House (this has to be one of the best risks Fox has ever taken, and they have taken plenty)
2)Everybody Hates Chris
3)Attack of the Show
4)Various cartoons/anime (it comes with the nerd territory lol)

Four websites I visit daily
1) IGN Boards
Not exactly its own website, but I love the community and I post there very often
2) Gamespot
Where I go to see current gaming news and reviews
3)Gmail
Again, not an actual website, but damn is it the best email dealy ever! If you want an invite don't hesitate to ask. I have 100 of them
4) I don't really have a 4th XD

Four of my favorite foods
1)Hamburgers
2)Pizza (just got done eating some)
3)Fried chicken
4)Ramen Noodles (can't live without 'em)
One would think that I would be as big as a house with these favs, but I'm quite the opposite, besides a somewhat flabby belly.

Four places I would rather be right now
Well, its Saturday and being a teenager just isn't right without having homework, so I'd rather just stay home today and finish homework up (pft, yeah, right)

Four blogs I am tagging.
Uhh... any blogger that passes by is encouraged :)

6 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger T. F. Stern said…

    Well done, the paying jobs will come along in due time. If it's any consolation, I get to take out the trash, vacuum the carpets, clean the bathrooms and yes, I even get to baby sit my grandchildren once in a while.

    Saturday night is date night, even after you get old, it's time to date my wife and hope she'll still have me.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Jeramy Madrid said…

    Well Jamaal, you are quite brite for a 16 y/o. Here is the deal. We are going to play a game. It is like 20 questions, although a little reversed. Im thinking of something and through me asking and you answering you are to guess what I am thinking of. Since you are a "gammer I thought you might be up for the challenge. Everything I ask has something to do with the final answer. Every response you give you can take a guess.

    First question.

    As a gammer what are your top five favorite games of all time?

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Jeramy Madrid said…

    Not being smart is something you learned. If you think smart is something mesured on a report card you are a little missguided. See

    http://www.thomasarmstrong.com/multiple_intelligences.htm

    If you lived in Seattle or San Jose you could be working for Nintendo or other game companies right now.

    http://wired.com/wired/archive/3.07/hogan.html

    I was hired as a game tester. It is not that hard.

    Next question:

    What makes those games great to you?

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yes go forrest gump

    raj

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Olive Joy said…

    i definitely agree with you on forrest gump...and the babysitting. hehehe

     
  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Jeramy Madrid said…

    It is amazing on how you can go into detail about games almost like you were reciting off the side of the gamebox. My next question is, if you had to break down those "Great" games and extract one base quality from each, what would they be?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home