One Gamer's Thoughts

My observations, rants, and philosophies on life and gaming in general

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

What a day...

As one who has not been a relationship before, hearing close friends say "I love you" to me still confuses me like hell. Sometimes, it can be so damn hard to figure out what they are really trying to say. Many times, it can be obvious when they are playing. This usually comes into effect when he/she has done something wrong, but the utterance of those 3 magical words acts as an apology and everything is better (most of the time!). However, there are those times that when they say it, it almost sounds so certain, almost like they wanted it to put it out there in a not so subtle way. These meanings can be interpreted as "Yes, I care for you", or.. simply, "I love you"!

So, after going through one of these situations myself yet again, I am confused. I, however, know that I indeed love her.

Does she truly love me?

2 Comments:

  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    Dude, you're 16 years old. No offence, but in four or five years, you're going to look back on this and laugh.

    Love is an ambiguos and liquid term. You will be amazed at how different it becomes when you get older. You're going to realize it isn't just something you throw around, regardless of whether you think you love someone or not.

    However, if I can dispense any knowledge to you to aid in your situation, I must say, if someone is saying "I love you" as a term of forgiveness rather than a term of endearment, you don't want any of that medicine. But again, you're 16. Realize that life at 16 basically has no consequences. It might seem like it is when you're 16, but it won't later. So have fun, experiment, take chances. If you like this girl, go for broke. You have nothing to lose. You're dignity? Why? Because you took a chance? Hell no. It will make you a better, stronger person.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Jeramy Madrid said…

    You haven’t taken any wild guesses on what my “thing” these questions are leading to. I know it is early but you are down to 17 rounds to figure it out.

    The base qualities to your favorite games are as follows…

    1. Sonic 3 and Knuckles- definitely speed. Its the defining factor
    2. Metal Gear Solid 2- Storytelling. The fantastic story is full of loops and twists and just keeps one coming back for more
    3. Ico- The beauty. If one could never think of video games as an artform, they haven't played Ico
    4. Sonic CD- The speed, of course
    5. Virtua Fighter 4- The sheer amount of depth! There are so many possibilities for each situation and it never truly gets dull.

    If you had to design a game on your life and you had to base the mechanics around speed, story, beauty, and depth, how would it go? This can’t have too many fantasy or Sci-Fi elements, try to think as realistically as possible.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home